Virtual Physiotherapy Appointments
Oakridge Physiotherapy’s highly trained and knowledgeable experts are here to help you. During this COVID-19 period, we have implemented an on-line/on-phone consultation program to ensure your needs are met. It’s called Telehealth.
What is Telehealth?
We are able to provide you with the physiotherapy services you need by using video conferencing or phone conferencing. We’re pretty accommodating. If you have a communications platform preference, we’ll make it happen. Our goal is to provide physiotherapy care to our clients and assist them with their ongoing health needs and injury recovery.
How is Telehealth useful?
Certainly, during this time of COVID-19 distancing measures, telehealth is a tremendous tool to help deliver care to our community. As well, we can deliver physiotherapy to individuals that are unable to visit a traditional in-person clinic. Many clients suffering from disabilities, mental health challenges, and other limitations can benefit greatly from Telehealth.
The “travel factor” is eliminated with Telehealth. Clients may also opt for Telehealth because it’s more convenient than trying to reach the clinic physically.
Benefits of virtual physiotherapy appointments:
- It is a safer option if you have some health concerns that put you at risk when around others.
- Great opportunity to review your home exercise routine and provide advice on how to advance your exercise program to enhance your recovery.
- Give your physiotherapist insight into your home and/or office surroundings that we wouldn’t normally have in the clinic. This is a great opportunity to discuss your posture and ergonomics.
- Telehealth makes things easier when you have loved ones that need to be with you and can’t come to the clinic.
How it works
- Book an appointment
- Complete intake and consent form
- We will send you a link to easily and securely join the video session
- Attend your session
What you need
- A device with a Camera: This can be a desktop, laptop, phone, or tablet. Having a device that is portable may make the appointment a little easier to manage.
- Internet Connection: Your appointment will consist of a video conference or a phone conference using a secure connection. So, having a secure internet or wifi connection is needed.
- Email Address: You will receive an email for confirmation of your appointment whether on the phone or with video. A link will be provided for your video conference appointment- this link is password protected. If you do not receive this link please check your junk mail folder or contact our team for help.
- Private Place to Meet: This can be any room in your home so long as you feel comfortable having a private conversation in this space. We will be reviewing your medical history and other personal information relating to your injury, so make sure it is a space appropriate to do so. Quiet is also better, computer microphones can pick up a surprising amount of background noise. You may also consider having someone nearby as well as an emergency back-up should there be any problems. Your therapist will also have your contact information and in the case of an emergency will be able to contact the appropriate services and direct them to you.
- Space to Move: I will be asking you to complete various movements in front of the camera to demonstrate how your body is compensating and adapting to your injury.
- Comfortable Clothing: You will be asked to move and try some exercises. Please make sure you are wearing clothing that allows your physiotherapist to see the body part to be assessed and that allows you to move freely.
* Active Rehab Clients: Your connection with your healthcare provider is the same.
“I am a Registered Nurse and I have been seeing Jason for several years for help with my back. As the pandemic happened, I was concerned about my ability to stay on track with my back health. Jason and I have met 4 times online and it has been a good experience. We’ve worked through the ergonomics of my work from home set-up, and Jason has created two care plans for my back and hips that I can do on my own. I m looking forward to being able to physiotherapy again in person, but grateful to have telehealth support to keep me healthy.”JH
How to make a Telehealth appointment?
Our administrative team is here to serve you and can help arrange the appointment for you. They will provide a consent form for your telehealth session. Once that is complete, our admin team will link you with your physiotherapist. Your physiotherapist will send you a web link to join online via our telehealth platform to deliver your session with Oakridge Physiotherapy. Our physiotherapists are available Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm. We look forward to hearing from you.