Direct Billing

Oakridge Physiotherapy is pleased to offer online direct billing for physiotherapy and registered massage therapy (RMT) to a number of extended health carriers (see list below). Availability of this service is dependent on your carrier and/or plan.

Please note that all treatment fees are the responsibility of the patient. If online direct billing is not available you will be asked to pay for your visit up front and we will provide you with a receipt which you can submit to your extended health carrier for reimbursement.

Oakridge Physiotherapy offers online direct billing for the following insurers:

  • Canada Life (previously Great West Life)
  • Canada Life – PSHCP
  • Johnston Group
  • SSQ Insurance
  • Group Health
  • Chamber of Commerce
  • Industrial Alliance
  • Sun Life Financial 
  • Green Shield Canada
  • Pacific Blue Cross
  • Medavie Blue Cross (Veterans Affairs, Canadian Armed Forces and RCMP)

What you need to bring:

  1. Your extended benefits card with policy number and member ID
  2. Doctor’s referral, if required by your policy

Direct Billing FAQ’s:

  • How do I know how much I am covered for? 
    You can learn the details of your coverage by contacting your extended health carrier or from your plan administrator.
  • What if my visit is partially covered by my extended health carrier?
    We can still bill your carrier! If your visit is partially covered we will bill the covered amount to the carrier and ask that you pay the balance of your visit at the end of each treatment.
  • Can we coordinate benefits?
    At this time Oakridge Physiotherapy will bill 1 (one) third party carrier per visit (eg: 1 Extended Health Carrier or ICBC or MSP). Coordination of benefits is not available.  We will bill your primary carrier until the plan funds have been exhausted.  To comply with insurance carrier policies, we cannot bill your secondary carrier once your primary plan funds have been exhausted.  
  • Do I need a doctor’s referral?
    Oakridge Physiotherapy does not require a doctor’s referral however some plans do require one. Please check with your extended health carrier to learn your plan requirements.
  • What if my injury was sustained in a motor vehicle accident or work place accident or I have an open ICBC, Worksafe or other insurance claim?
    If your injury was sustained in an motor vehicle accident or workplace accident we cannot bill your visit to your extended health carrier. You will need to pay for the treatment and seek reimbursement from your carrier.
  • What if my claim is denied?
    If your visit is denied for online direct billing we ask that your balance is paid in full at the end of each treatment. The front desk staff will advise you if your claim has been denied before you leave. Please note: Some plans have restrictions that do not allow for online direct billing. To check if you are eligible for this service please contact your extended health carrier.